Animal Hospital of Old Saybrook is seeking a hybrid Veterinary Receptionist/Assistant as we are a small team, and every team member plays a vital role in the care of our clients and patients.
- Answers telephone calls quickly, efficiently and in a professional and friendly manner
- Warmly greets clients and provide exceptional service
- Entering new client information into the computer system
- Scheduling appointments for exams and surgical procedures
- Distributing medication and prescription food
- Handling medical records
- Following opening and closing procedures
- Answers client’s inquiries about basic animal care questions and routine procedures
- Prepares client invoices for services performed
- Handles payment transactions
- Receives and relays telephone, fax, and email messages accurately and promptly
- Assist doctors and technicians with appointments
- Pet care and handling
- Medical record entry
- Housekeeping and maintenance of pet care facilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer Service background is preferred but not required
- Strong computer skills required
- Significant experience with basic office functions in a busy office environment
- Must be a team player and have compassion for pets and their people
Animal Hospital of Old Saybrook, a Rarebreed partner, is a progressive, state of the art, veterinary medical hospital. Our team consists of highly trained and compassionate staff members who are dedicated to providing quality veterinary care and ensuring a lasting bond between our clients and their pets.
A common purpose with an uncommon passion—this is Rarebreed Veterinary Partners. We are a purpose-driven team placing talent first by supporting professionals to thrive in our industry and empowering hospital teams to provide exceptional care for pets and their owners. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to create exceptional work experiences for all our employees. Afterall, work should be your happy place! We focus on providing the best culture, tools, and support to our hospitals to allow the staff to focus on what they love most, caring for our animals.
We don’t want to offer you a job, we want to offer you a career! Supporting our employees’ career goals is one of the many ways we’re committed to employee happiness. This is why we have partnered with Penn Foster – to offer our employees access to career-focused programs through the Penn Foster Veterinary Academy Program at a Rarebreed discounted rate!
What do we have to offer? Click the button to read the complete jod description and apply!